Summer Biannual Bibliothon 2017- Day One: Book Blogger Tag

8:30:00 AM


Hi hello and welcome to day one of the Summer Biannual Bibliothon 2017! For those that don't know, the Biannual Bibliothon is held twice a year and is hosted by some pretty amazing ladies from the BookTube community: Kelly, Brittni, Emma, Catriona, Momo, Kassie, and Red! Be sure to go and check out all of their channels as well as the Biannual Bibliothon channel for more information and the video/reading challenges. Today, the blogger challenge is being hosted by Nana from 4TeenLiars and it is the book blogger tag! Be sure to visit Nana's blog for more about today's challenge if you're interested in participating. Let's get started!


1. What are you planning to read for the Summer Biannual Bibliothon?

This is obnoxiously ambitious and probably won't happen, but this is what I hope to read! To be completely fair, I'm already reading Arabella of Mars, but it's there just in case.

Group Book- Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
Throwback (Book that has been sitting on your shelf for over a year) & Hosts favorite genre- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
Banned Book & Book to Movie Adaptation- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
A book you've seen somewhere other than Booktube- Arabella of Mars/Arabella and the Battle of Venus by David D. Levine
LGBTQIA+- Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire

2. What is your favorite genre to read in Summer?


I don't have a particular genre I prefer to read in the Summer, but if I had to pick just a favorite genre in general, it would be horror. Who doesn't love being spooped on a humid and muggy summer night?

3. Where is your favorite place to read in the Summer?


Probably in bed under a bunch of blankets. Georgia has been having some pretty icky Summer weather so we turn up the fans and I like to bundle up like an eskimo and read. I also read in my computer chair a lot, but it's definitely not as comfy!

4. What is your favorite challenge done in the Summer Biannual Bibliothon?

Cosplay a Character challenge! Outside of reading/reviewing books for my blog, I love to cosplay. I go to several conventions a year and make costumes for both myself and my boyfriend so naturally, this is hands down my favorite challenge. 


PS- No, this is not me. I just love Tina Belcher and cosplay so, here it is.

5. What fictional character would you hang out in the Summer if you could?


Lara Jean! I binge read this trilogy not too long ago and fell in love with her character. We could bake, read some books, and watch movies with Kitty. She just seems like such a great friend and one that would be all about the Summer weather. Plus, she has a great sense of fashion!

6. What are your plans for Summer?

Honestly? Reading and finishing costumes for DragonCon in September. I have a lot of work to do between now and then (both costume-wise and book-wise) so I don't have much time to just sit around and do nothing. But let's face it, I'll probably just read and crochet like I usually do.




7. Do you have a Summer reading playlist? If not what would be on it?


Don't judge me, but I love this song so much.

8.What is your favorite Summer movie?


Mad Max: Fury Road counts as a Summer movie right? It takes place in the desert and it's hot so it's definitely a "Summer" type movie...ish.  

9. What book do you read every Summer, if not what thing do you do every Summer?



I don't have a book I read every Summer, but I feel like I'm going to try and start a tradition of reading the Lara Jean trilogy every year around Summer. It just has such a cute feeling that feels like it fits the season and I absolutely adore these books. The hype is well deserved, y'all. 

10. What other book tags are you planning to do this Summer?

Whatever tags happen to catch my interest! Being a book blogger and not a Booktuber always makes me feel like my book tag posts aren't as popular, but I really enjoy doing them.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Alrighty that is it for the Book Blogger Tag for day one of the Summer Biannual Bibliothon! If you made it this far down, leave me a comment and tell me what your favorite Summer-y book is.
Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you in the next chapter!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D